Shipping & Return Policies
Georgos Wine Shipping Policy
Georgos will notify you by email when your wines are ready to be shipped. Generally, we will attempt to ship your wines shortly after your order is placed. However, please be aware that your order may be delayed until ideal weather and shipping conditions arise to protect your wines. You will be given the opportunity to coordinate the proper shipping address and method with us at that time.
WINE IS A DELICATE COMMODITY
Wine is a perishable commodity. Wine does not like extremes of temperature: hot humid summer and cold winter weather may adversely affect the condition of your wine during shipment. Georgos is not responsible for, and will not replace wine that is damaged by extreme weather conditions during shipment. When your wine order is picked up by the common carrier for delivery, responsibility for the wine becomes the responsibility of the purchaser.
Hot & Cold Weather Advisory
During hot weather (95 degrees and above) and cold weather (32 degrees and below), there is a high chance the wine will be damaged in transit. In the instance you would like wine to be shipped to an area affected by these conditions, we highly recommend selecting the Next Day Air shipping option. Georgos is not liable for any packages damaged due to hot or cold weather.
- All orders will be processed as quickly as possible. Please allow 2 business days to process your order before shipping.
- Orders placed after 12:00pm PST are processed the following business day.
- Delivery of the package depends on the distance from our winery and the day and time the order was received.
- All orders are shipped Monday through Thursday and delivered Monday through Friday.
- Orders are shipped through UPS Ground, unless expedited shipping is specified (for additional fee).
- We do not offer International sales or shipping at this time.
- UPS cannot deliver wine to P.O. boxes, so please provide a physical address where someone 21 or older can sign for the wine.
- All packages containing alcohol must be signed for upon delivery by an adult (21 years of age or older). UPS will not leave such packages on the door step, even if the recipient has requested this.
- UPS will attempt to deliver packages containing alcohol 3 times before sending it back to Georgos. Georgos is not responsible for additional shipping charges.
- If a package returns, please contact the Wine Club and Online Store Department at their direct line, 707.927.1117. A re-shipping fee will be applied to all orders that are reshipped.
- Once your order has been processed and a change of address is required while in route, a one time complimentary reroute will be honored. For all future reroutes, after the one time complimentary reroute, a charge of $15.00 will be applied to the order.
- Orders of 1 case or 12 bottles will be shipped in two separate packages. Shipping rates vary.
Persons must be 21 years of age or older to shop on www.GeorgosWine.com or view our Online Store. By entering our website you verify that you are legally able to consume alcohol and understand all the risks (health, legal and other) that may occur by doing so.
Wine may only be purchased and delivered to persons who are at least 21 years of age. By placing an order, you validate that you and the person who accepts delivery will be 21 years of age or older. When your wine is delivered, the person accepting delivery may be required to show identification. Wine will not be delivered to a visibly intoxicated person.
Return of Package
Georgos strives to provide its customers with the highest quality products and service. Your satisfaction is our first priority. If, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with your order, please contact us within 7 days of the date of your order for customer care assistance.
For fastest results, contact us by emailing ask@georgosWine.com.
All wine sold by us is maintained at optimum conditions. We consider wine to be out of our control once it has been handed over to the shipper and we cannot be responsible for improper storage after it has been delivered. Therefore, once your wine order has been picked up by the common carrier for delivery, the wine becomes your responsibility. Georgos is not responsible for, and will not replace wine that is damaged by extreme weather conditions during shipment. We also cannot accept returns for the following: wines that do not coincide with personal tastes, wines that have been adversely affected by customer’s storage, and wines that have been otherwise damaged as a result of any other adverse condition occurring while the wines were in the customer’s care.
If you are unable to sign for your wine package on any of the 3 delivery attempts, UPS will return your package back to the warehouse. You have the option to have the package held for pick up or reshipped for an additional shipping fee. Please contact us directly at 707.927.1117 for any questions or concerns regarding delivery.
You are responsible for all costs incurred as a result of misdirected and returned wine shipments.
We at Georgos understand your concerns about the security of online transactions. Therefore, our site is equipped with the most advanced Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology available to ensure the privacy of any information you submit through this site.
Once your Wine Club Shipment or Online Store has been processed and a change of address is required while in route, a one-time complimentary reroute will be honored. Please contact the Wine Club and Shipping Department at 707.927.1117 directly. All future reroutes, after the one time complimentary reroute, a charge of $15.00 will be applied to the order.